Sunday, March 1, 2009

Maxuino .005 released = Arduino + Firmata v2 + Max

Maxuino has been upgraded to it's own website at www.maxuino.org. Go there now to get Maxuino v008 which includes arduino mega and teensy support!!!

I am pleased to offer an update for Marius Schebella's Maxuino, a port of PDuino for Max. Adjustments were made for the new digital pin protocols in Firmata v2 and some minor UI tweaks. I hope you find it useful for your work and email me if you have any questions.
http://www.co-lab.info/maxuino-005.zip (use this version only if you are using Firmata 2.0)


UPDATE:
With Arduino 17 came Firmata 2.1 and they changed the Baudrate. I have posted a new version maxuino-007 to cover this minor change and fixed a couple of other details and now have added servo support.
http://www.co-lab.info/maxuino-007.zip

17 comments:

  1. Would it be possible to provide a Max 4.xx version, please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you tried this with the arduino mega?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dont have an arduino mega to try it yet. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But how's about a 4.x version? Pretty please?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    Does it work with arduino 0017 version?

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi

    I don't think my Maxuino is working - can anyone help me? I'm using the test patch and trying to get an LED to flash. All that Flashes is the RX LED. I am a complete and utter novice at this I'm afraid!

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  7. Richard helped me realize maxuino needed a baudrate fix for arduino ide v17 and Firmata 2.1
    Check the update for the fix.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantasic! Thanks 1000.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't understand if maxuino 006 is compatible with arduino mega. Could you plesa tell me if it's compatible?
    Many thanks
    F

    ReplyDelete
  10. maxuino is not compatible with the mega mostly because Firmata v2 is not compatible. another user is sending me a possible firmata for mega and I will make a maxuino to match it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a Duemilanove, firmata 2.1-7beta and a servo motor Modelcraft RS-2...maxuino-007 MAX.MSP interface servo option does not seem to work correctly. Anyone tested this?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Diecimila + Arduino 0017 + Maxuino 007 and everything seems to work perfectly. Grazie mille !
    david

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, I bought an Arduino méga, and I want to use it on max/Msp
    what to do??? retake7@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Diecimila + Arduino 0018 + Maxuino 007 + MaxMSP 5

    When I open arduino-test.maxpat and modify it (add & patch a receive object) everything works. If I save this modified version and open it again it will not work. Open/modify of arduino-test.maxpat always works. What am I missing?

    cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. jimified, please chack out the new maxuino which solved this issue and many more at maxuino.org
    chris

    ReplyDelete
  16. it works a treat on the Duemilanove, but not the Mega [as you say - due to Firmata not supporting the Mega just yet]. I'm trying to control a matrix of LEDs with it - anyone got any tips? or point me in the right direction??

    ReplyDelete
  17. andy, the newest version does support the mega.
    check it out at www.maxuino.org

    ReplyDelete