Wednesday, August 5, 2009

MotorSheild to Max 5

This may be too simple of an example for some, but it shows how you can easily write a simple firmware for talking from Max to the arduino, specifically in order to control the motorshield from ladyAda. The max patch allows for control of all 4 motors and the 2 servos. Hopefully it is of use as a starting point.
I can't seem to get this running on my mega either, despite the fact that the library is supposed to be updated for it. Starting to wonder if I have mega issues....

http://co-lab.info/Motorshield->Max.zip

Developed with help from David Fodel.

4 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    I am quite new to arduino and maxmsp but i am looking for a way to run my motorshield as well as have access to the anlog inputs. Essentially i need to combine the abilities of "maxuino" and this motor shield driver that you posted.

    any suddestions are greatly appreciated

    Thanks,
    Nicholas
    nicholashall07@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, the MAX patch looks great, exactly what I've been working on. I can't open the Arduino file though. Any chance you'd post the code to copy? many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. try changing the extension to .ino or just open it in a text editor and then cut and paste...the code is veeeery old tho, I dont know how useful it will still be. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks, realized my mistake, but thanks for the fast reply! great work over on your website.

    ReplyDelete